I used to love getting a shamrock shake. I’m not even sure the last time I actually had one from McDonald’s. Don’t even know the last time I’ve been to McDonald’s. McDonald’s in Canada doesn’t count since the quality is so much better. And I would only get that once a year for the Cadbury Creme Egg McFlurry. Sadly, last year was my last time getting one since finding out I had candida. If anyone is interested in my making a candida friendly Cadbury creme egg flurry let me know. I can mess around with some recipes.
Anyways, I’ve missed having a shamrock shake and I decided to come up with a recipe that is not only candida diet friendly but also vegan, paleo and keto.
- 1 cup full fat canned coconut milk (you can try other non dairy milks but it wont be as thick).
- 1/2 an avocado (if you don’t have candida or have reintroduced it, you can do a frozen banana and a handful of spinach)
- 1 cup of ice
- Handful of fresh mint leaves or 4 drops of peppermint essential oil or teaspoon of peppermint extract. This can all be to taste. I actually like using both fresh mint and essential oil.
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sweetener of choice to taste-raw honey, stevia, monkfruit, maple syrup (not candida phase I friendly), etc. (Each time seems to be different for me. Normally I do a couple teaspoons of raw honey)
- Blend all ingredients until smooth
Feel free to garnish with some whipped coconut cream and/or chocolate shavings. Chocolate chips might also taste good in the actual shake too!!
BTW, Candida Diet Recipes